Held in Bradley on Monday mornings and Gnosall on Thursday evenings.
Hi I’m Debbie, I’m a Artist and Art Tutor based in Staffordshire and here is my story… I have painted watercolour for a long time, I remember joining classes around the millennium at which time I was involved in running a
As an art tutor and artist I run Staffordshire art classes in Bradley near Stafford on a Thursday morning and Gnosall on a Thursday Evening. Have you ever wanted to try acrylic painting, combine materials in a collage or learn
Sketch to Paint Holidays in 2018 I am working with another artist Lydia Hudson-Watkin to provide you with two holidays this year. We are going to Ironbridge and France. To enable us to give you the best holiday experience whilst
2018 Workshops I will be running a series of workshops in 2018 using lots of different media and techniques, here is the list… Introducing Pouring Medium How to do an abstract painting using pouring medium. This will be a one
There are four stages in the commissioning process: Stage 1 We will discuss your requirements and I will need several photographs of your subject to work from. The photographs will have a great influence on the finished painting and full details of
Dates for your Diary – 2018 Class Exhibition June 9th 2018 – Priory Farm Debbie Farmer has kindly asked us to exhibit our class paintings during a Staffordshire four villages festival (Bradley, Church Eaton, Derrington and Haughton) that is to
If you have any queries just ask...
Recent Post and Page Updates
- Blending and Glazing Mediums What is the difference between a blending medium and a glazing medium? Why would you use a glazing medium as opposed to a gloss medium mixed to a very thin glaze? This blog addresses these issues. Read More »
- Fluid Art Workshops – Materials I thought I would do a quick blog on some of the Materials that I use for my fluid art Workshops. This post contains links to these materials on Amazon. I have an affiliate accountRead More »
- Acrylic Paints and Mediums can be used as glue. When I am referring to mediums here I mean gels as well, anything with a polymer binder. So in your mixed media or collage project what is there to consider whenRead More »
- Gloss vs. Matt There are so many acrylic mediums and varnishes out there it can be ‘bamboozling’. So lets look at a quality found in all acrylic mediums – Matt vs. Gloss. All paints or mediums either have a MattRead More »
- What is an Acrylic Medium? Your a beginner, you’ve just started to paint with acrylic so you go to the shops to buy paint, brushes, palettes and all those things you expect to be using, but then… You spot aRead More »
- What is Plein Air Painting? Plein Air painting is literally getting outside with your paint and brushes and doing a painting in the landscape at the site of the scene. I say landscape but your subject may be buildings, people,Read More »
- Arriving in France Today – Staying in Chateauponsac with Elaine and Mick We’re all so excited! September 6th is here and we’re arriving on our France Painting Holiday – Today… For those of you wanting to follow our Painting HolidayRead More »
- Breastfeeding Art Exhibition – Opening Night Today! The Art Exhibition runs for the next three days (5th to 7th September) and today I will be hanging my breastfeeding painting in the afternoon prior to the Opening Night at 7.30 thisRead More »
Art Class Testimonials
Excellent. Plenty of instruction with no pressure. Informative and a friendly group.
I am a complete beginner who joined Debbie’s class last term and am having a brilliant time learning lots of different techniques.
Each class is a chance to be myself, express myself and have fun learning about using creative media.’
I am a novice painter, only joined the class in January... I have enjoyed the group, and the tuition is excellent. Thank you Debbie.
Inspiring and clearly demonstrated ideas and techniques designed to encourage and individually fulfil a creative outcome.
Great – not only a good hearted laugh but Debbie is a good artist and teacher. Well done Debbie.’
Always cheerful and informal with lots of good advice. Very clear communication about what is needed for each session.
I have learnt so much and have found that I can paint. This is all credit to Debbie!