Debbie Chatfield, Artist and Art Tutor is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to myself ‘Debbie Chatfield – Artist and Art Tutor’ and anyone working or volunteering on my behalf.
Any questions regarding this policy should be sent by email to Debbie Chatfield at email@example.com or in writing to Pennine, Smithy Lane, Bradley, Staffordshire, UK, ST18 9DZ
Who am I?
I’m Debbie Chatfield an Artist and Art Tutor; I operate as a Sole Trader in the United Kingdom.
The purpose of this policy
- This policy is to protect both children and adults rights regarding privacy of photographs taken for promotional and educational purposes.
- To help others involved with Debbie Chatfield – Artist and Art Tutor understand how to share photographs safely, particularly when related to children.
- Consent for Adults – Debbie Chatfield – Artist and Art Tutor will where possible gain consent for the use of photographs on her website, social media and other promotional materials.
- Consent for Children – Parental consent will always be sought for children under the age of 18 for the use of an image (photograph or video) for promotional or educational purposes. Children will also be consulted so they are aware of the photograph to be used.
- Security – Images and Videos will be kept securely in a locked drawer and electronic images will be restricted by the use of a password.
- Children’s names will not be used in photograph captions. Where a child’s name is used a photograph will not be.
- Images will only be taken in suitable clothing.
- Professional photographers such as the press will be made aware of the organisations policies i.e. not linking names to photographs of children and they will not be allowed unsupervised access.
Links to Relevant Guidance
This policy has been drawn up under the advice of the NSPCC:
the storage security is relevant to the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018
This policy should be read alongside my Privacy, Data Protection and Security Policy as well as my Safeguarding Policy.
Changes to this policy
Any changes I may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If I make any significant changes I’ll make this clear on this website.
Review of this Policy
I keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in June 2018.