Join us as we explore the delights of Woodford Bridge Country Club and the surrounding area on this sketch to paint holiday in beautiful rural North Devon.
As we are a small group of artists there will be the opportunity to develop your drawing and painting skills and experiment with new ideas and techniques under my guidance.
We will keep a sketch record of all the locations that we visit, using graphite, ink and watercolour to record locations, buildings and capture the moment. We will also be taking acrylic paints outside to paint en plein air. For those that have not painted outside before you will enjoy the experience of capturing and creating a painting that portrays the atmosphere and scene in front of you on canvas.
One thing that we can’t guarantee is the weather… We have a studio space especially for us and many outside areas where we can paint and complete our artwork that we start on location or to experiment with new mediums or methods. I will always be on hand to give advice and tuition whilst encouraging those who want to use their own styles to do so – I want everyone to get the best from their holiday.
You will also need to take photographs of your subject for reference, this enables you to finish your painting later. So your Camera Phone / IPad (or similar) will be essential.
If you have any queries or wish to book a place please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01785 781075. If you wish to share a two bedroomed house please state who it is you are sharing with as the price covers two places.
Venue and Accommodation: Woodford Bridge, Milton Damerel, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 7LL
The prices below allow for cancellation or modification up until 30 days prior to booking. Please note you will need to provide your own own travel insurance with Covid cover to allow for any unforeseen changes within 30 days of travel.
Equipment List and Itinerary will be provided nearer to the time but we will be sketching and painting plein air, initially in the resort but then we will be going to Bude beaches and other local sites. As well as painting in the studio, I often move the itinerary around depending on local events and weather. You will need your own camera and preferably your own lightweight easel.
Note: This price includes two additional days (one sketch, one plein air) in Staffordshire organised over the Summer, dates to be confirmed, these are optional but we will go over equipment and prepare you so you make the most of your time in Devon.
- 25% is payable as a deposit on booking, the remainder 75% is due 6 weeks prior to travel.
- You can bring a +1 at no extra cost as the accommodation is covered and you will be in double rooms. Please let me know just for numbers as I will be booking tables on the first and last night.
- Let me know if you have access issues or any other special needs, there are lots of steps and hills around the resort. The apartments only have 4 steps one way and a ramp the other to get into the main resort area. Please see accessibility information below.
- Additional charges such as security deposit, meals and leisure facility access are not included in the above pricing.
Please familiarise yourself with any important resort information in advance of your stay by clicking here. Including:
Important Covid-19 Information: Due to local government restrictions and frequently changing guidelines relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, please be advised that all quotes and confirmed bookings are subject to change. Resort services and facilities may also be unavailable or offer a reduced service. It is the responsibility of all guests to ensure they have checked and comply with all relevant regulations or travel restrictions applicable to them, including, but not limited to, the property location, destination and the number of guests in the travelling party. Please click here for the latest important information relating to our onsite safety protocols.